PDA

View Full Version : lower sac launch spots for self shuttle with motor scooter?

SanJoseBass
03-01-2016, 08:45 PM
Hey guys, I have a pontoon with an electric trolling motor, anchor and oars to float the lower sac. The trolling motor gets it up to 8 mph! Anyways, I also have a motor scooter to help me shuttle myself. launch the toon, drive my truck down to the pick up spot, ride back up on the scooter and float down.

My question is, where should I launch for such float? I am in Lewiston now so redding would be preferred.

matooka
03-02-2016, 04:18 PM
SJB,
Launch at Posse Grounds...take out at public ramp next to Aqua Golf. Spend the majority of your day wading Posse riffle and drifting Sundial Bridge. Much more wading possibilities down stream prior to Aqua Golf through or dog leg right around channels. Fish Little Alaska(right side) after 44 Bridge and wade right side riffle just after Aqua Golf. Make sure to anchor boat in bay prior to wade fishing the last riffle. This bay is your take out. The next take out is Bonnyview. Water is way low. Big Bows' to be had right now. #16 Amber Poopahs...Peaches N' Cream...Bird's Nest and #18 Sweet Peas. Have fun and be safe!
Matooka

SanJoseBass
03-25-2016, 09:53 PM
Finally got to put the scooter and pontoon to work. Self Shuttling is pretty tiring.