PDA

View Full Version : Living on the Trinity - Shuttle Partners Needed, Coastal River Trip Partners Needed

SanJoseBass
02-25-2016, 10:44 AM
Hey Everyone, I am currently living on the Trinity River. Literally, right on it!...near the Buck Tail Hole. I have the luxury of working from home so I got some internet installed up here and living the dream. Got here last Saturday and here till the end of March. Only fish hooked so far is a squaw fish! Bent the hook out on a fish using a dry fly though. Haven't done a float yet but planning on it this Sunday.

I am looking for any shuttle partners up here. Anyone who wants to float some sections of the river in their pontoons or boats. I have a pontoon, and have a shuttle available but it'd be me floating by myself...which is fine, but it's nice and safer to have a companion.

Also looking for anyone people who want to shuttle up for a weekend coastal river trips. I'll go anywhere. Mad, Eel, Van Duzen...I am in Lewiston so seems like anywhere to hit some of the bigger coastal rivers is only a couple hours away. Willing to split over night costs and beers!

The place I am staying has other places for rent. So if you're interested on staying here, I can get you in touch with the owner of the place to see what she has available. Tight lines and DM me if you are interested.

T-Ball
02-26-2016, 01:02 PM
You hooked a squaw fish on the Trinity???

SanJoseBass
02-26-2016, 03:30 PM
You hooked a squaw fish on the Trinity???My buddy saw the photo, It was a sucker fish! I was wrong.

T-Ball
02-26-2016, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the reply, you had me concerned, there are no squaw fish in the Trinity/Klamath basin that I am aware of. The native fish have enough problems to overcome as it is.

Bazz
03-18-2016, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the reply, you had me concerned, there are no squaw fish in the Trinity/Klamath basin that I am aware of. The native fish have enough problems to overcome as it is.

Err, Squaw fish and Suckers are native to all Northern Californian Rivers. Stripers and Shad, not!