PDA

View Full Version : Lower Mokelumne fishing/shuttle service?

drdan
01-25-2016, 10:07 AM
I am thinking about using my pontoon to drift the lower Moke below the hatchery and take out at ?Stillman Magee Park? Or lower? Does anyone know if there is a shuttle service that I could use?

Any tips for fishing this stretch?

Thanks!

k9mark
01-25-2016, 09:50 PM
None that I know of but when are you going?

cdevine
01-26-2016, 10:58 AM
None that I know of but when are you going?

It looks like that little fishery has a nice little window between Jan 1st and March 1st I believe. They also get a little Steelhead run as well. Chris Gearheardt on here post periodically so I would check on his blog. I've fished it a few times (wading) and had some success with buggers, SJ worms, eggs, small mayflies.

Try uber! ha ha.... It would be perfect to float and park the boat at places. Access stinks.

JayDubP
01-31-2016, 01:52 PM
I have not fished it, but some friends have and said that the float from the Day Use Area t the hatchery to Stillman McGee park is the primary float and has no whitewater. They said to be aware of time, because you can easily turn this 4 hr float into a 6-7hr float. Plus, just like most rivers, weekends are busier.

I have no doubt that if you post your date a couple of weeks in advance, you can get people from this board to go with you and eliminate the need for a shuttle. Especially since many rivers will be running high or blown out.