PDA

View Full Version : Bend in June

kylgrn
01-23-2016, 09:31 AM
Looking for some input. My family and I are headed up to Ben for 8 days and only have a couple of windows to make it work. Were looking at June 10th, or in mid-July. Any opinions? Not sure if there will still be snow in June, and if we'll just miss the salmon fly hatch or what. What would you do? Were mostly going to be fishing, but it would be nice to do some other things outside (hike, walk etc...) if the weather is good.

Also if you have any recommendations for a guide on either the Lower or maybe other area streams to walk/wade.

Thanks!

Charlie S
01-23-2016, 10:17 AM
Check your messages.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-23-2016, 11:36 PM
Charlie lives there now....yahoo.

pvsprme
01-25-2016, 08:30 AM
Lots of options around Bend, but you'll be too late for the Salmon Flies and they're way downriver from Bend. Check out Century Drive, big loop that starts in bend, ends near LaPine and passes near some great lakes and access to Little Deschutes. Just a bit further south are Paulina and East lakes, both can be very good. If it were me in late June or July, I'd go over the hill to Diamond Lake and down the North Umpqua, hot springs, great biking/hiking trail along river and prime summer steelhead and good trout in upper river. Lots of options.

jersey
01-25-2016, 10:57 PM
Inbound PM