PDA

View Full Version : Fall in Louisiana is some of the best fishing for Redfish.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-22-2016, 07:36 PM
https://vimeo.com/152710432

Tony Buzolich
01-22-2016, 11:19 PM
Really great photography with that topwater bite. We've fished that Hopedale area several times with Capt. Greg Moon and had fantastic trips but I've never seen the water that clear and nice green. ? Maybe it's just a different time of year?
Tony

gitt
01-23-2016, 10:47 AM
Looks like the same hurricane proof shed where Greg stores his boat. Amazing to sight fish to redfish in skinny water along the marsh. I'll be down there for two weeks this fall. Fishing solo with Greg then sharing a boat for the second week out of Dulac or Cocodrie. Downside of these trips is you have to book over a year in advance. Never seen monsters this size follow your fly back to the boat except for in Louisiana. When they open their mouths, their heads are big as a basketball sucking in the fly. When they are turned on and it is all visual, it doesn't get any better than that. Notice the other boats in the area? There are none. October can't get here fast enough.

k.hanley
01-23-2016, 12:39 PM
Say hey Gitt I dropped you an email. Hopefully it went to the right address?

Cheers, Kenny

gitt
01-23-2016, 02:46 PM
Ken, I just responded to your email. I have some home brew for you to sample as well.