PDA

View Full Version : Two Chico shop Powell Legacy fly rods for sale

Rich Morrison
01-20-2016, 09:47 AM
Two Chico shop Powell Rod Co Legacy fly rods for sale. Both rods have been sold!
Thank you.

psumike
01-20-2016, 05:19 PM
Wow, great deal. I'm thinking hard about the silver/madrone. Since you don't fish many heavy line rods I have to ask - do you have any SSL's (I think that's the series) that might be available in the future.

Light Touches are amazing - I built a 9' 3/4 years ago.

Do you know where those Legacy blanks were rolled? I picked some old OEM Loomis/LCI blanks from D&E about 16 years ago, and some blue ones were labelled LGT 9045, which was their 4 piece model designation.

Rich Morrison
01-20-2016, 10:36 PM
The rod with the gold/olive seat is sold. The other is available...

I've got 3 Signature Series rods I'd part with...an 8' 4-5wt, a 7'6" 5-6wt, and a 9' 11-12wt. Let me know if you have interest in those.

The Legacy blanks were rolled in the shared shop space in Woodland, WA that Powell and Loomis worked out of. Those blanks are quite possibly Powell. Are you interested in selling or trading them?
Rich

psumike
01-21-2016, 06:04 AM
Good info, Rich. Thanks. I only ever held (owned) the Sig Series in a steelhead model 9'6" 7/8, I believe, so I have to extrapolate to imagine how it would be in a trout config.

I don't know whether offering the Blue LGT 9045 blank is something I would be comfortable with - let me check what stickers remain from any packaging I have. I wouldn't send it if I didn't think it were real. Do you have the old butt/tip specs in case I wanted to mic it? I recall it seeming to be slimmer than I would have expected, but that thought is 10 or more years old.

Rich Morrison
01-21-2016, 06:46 AM
Send me a text at the cell number in my signature block. We'll discuss further that way...
Rich

Rich Morrison
01-26-2016, 12:25 PM
psumike - I never heard back. Sent you a PM...

Rich Morrison
01-29-2016, 10:13 AM
I know everyone is wondering what happened...
I bought the Powell blank and Mike is super cool to deal with - the kind of guy that reaffirms your faith in the fly fishing community. Thanks Mike!

Now someone buy this other Legacy rod. It's a serious steal and I would like it to get out there on the water. Make me an offer...