PDA

View Full Version : wind

Andrew Guibord
01-19-2016, 11:41 PM
Due to high wind predictions, I rescheduled a spey casting lesson for Thursday that was suppose to take place today. I did not want to sit in the house, so I ventured this morning to Ansel Hoffman park. Today's bluster must have been the strongest winds that I have ever had the pleasure to fish. The rain striking my face felt like someone was shooting me wit a bb gun. The gust were forcing a foot and a half white capping waves to spray upstream against the slowly discoloring down stream current. Today was a hate - love relationship. I like a challenge. As a child in Michigan I loved to be out in a wind , snow, or rain storm. Lightning.... no! This morning had me cussing and laughing. I was river right so it was an upstream snap tee off my left shoulder with some-times-a-ducking kind of day. Good cast sliced through the wind while others blew back upstream into my face.

Yahooooo....what great practice. I did not get a single steelhead grab.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-20-2016, 12:59 AM
I guess I am a pussy.......good for you Andy.

Bwag
01-20-2016, 08:41 AM
I guess I am a pussy.......good for you Andy.

Thanks for the laugh Bill! Too many words with another meaning have been eliminated from todays vocabulary due to political correctness (At least in my workplace) it's good to know we can still use them here!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-20-2016, 08:46 AM
I guess being retired at 70 now being PC is not a big concern for me.