PDA

View Full Version : Travel Insurance

mems
01-13-2016, 04:45 PM
Aloha, I don't know how many of you do exotic trips to fishing destinations, but if you do it is good to have travel insurance. Global Rescue is top notch and many traveling fishermen use it. I am going to Christmas Island and will be carrying DAN, Diver's Alert Network insurance. They offer evacuation services and trip insurance and their rates are very reasonable. I first used them when I guided on Palmyra. I haven't had to use them yet, and hopefully never will, but it is good to have if you ever get a hook where it doesn't belong or something similar happens. I have no connection with them, I am just passing on some helpful information, Mems.

Darian
01-13-2016, 10:40 PM
Aloha Don,.... I'm using Global Rescue for the trip to Christmas Island. I wasn't aware of all of the other insurers around. Thanks for the info. I'll look into it for the next trip.

Do you, also, carry a satellite phone on your trips?? If so, which plan do you use?? :confused:

mems
01-14-2016, 12:58 AM
Hey Darian, I don't have a sat phone. I know the lodge can get an outside line if we need to make a call. The problem at CI is it is one flight per week, so the evacuation service is invaluable at a remote location like CI. My best advice is to be careful and not be an idiot. But shit happens when you mix alcohol and hooks and adenaline. I just don't want to have another kidney stone, so they are going to test me before I leave, and if anything is there break it up before I go. I hope you guys have a great time and no problems. Don.