PDA

View Full Version : Cowichan River

arbolado
12-07-2015, 09:48 AM
So I searched through the threads and can't seem to find much info. I'm going to be in Victoria next March and was thinking of fishing the Cowichan or other rivers in the area for steelhead.

When I go on-line I find all sorts of guides etc in the area, but I was wondering if there is any firsthand knowledge on this board for guide recommendations? Also if you have fished the area for steelhead do you have any gear recommendations?

Thanks.

JayDubP
12-10-2015, 11:01 AM
So I searched through the threads and can't seem to find much info. I'm going to be in Victoria next March and was thinking of fishing the Cowichan or other rivers in the area for steelhead.

When I go on-line I find all sorts of guides etc in the area, but I was wondering if there is any firsthand knowledge on this board for guide recommendations? Also if you have fished the area for steelhead do you have any gear recommendations?

Thanks.

March is normally a little early for trout on the Cowichian. Since you will be in Victoria, you might be better off to contact Island Outfitters in Victoria. They fish lots of different waters (fresh & salt) and could set up your time for the best fishing. I have fished with them in the past with great success--- when I had limited time because I was on business.