PDA

View Full Version : Reviews/advice on small pontoon?

Jeff F
11-17-2015, 11:30 AM
Saw this boat on Cabella's at a major discounted price. I'm seriously considering buying one before the sale ends.

The boat is the Fish Cat Streamer XL-IR Pontoon

http://www.cabelas.com/product/fish-cat-streamer-xl-ir-pontoon/1909751.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3D searchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProduc ts%26Ntt%3Dfish%252Bcat%26x%3D10%26y%3D6%26WTz_l%3 DHeader%253BSearch-All%252BProducts&Ntt=fish+cat

I was hoping someone on this Board has one or similar and could offer a review?

I plan on using it to float down steelhead rivers with very few rapids or dangerous waters such as the Big Eel, SF Eel, Van Duzen, Mattole, Russian, American, Yuba, etc. Probably not the Klamath or Trinity.

Any thoughts on how this toon will handle the above rivers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Rick.H
11-19-2015, 11:12 AM
I'm no expert, but have a similar older Dave Scadden pontoon that I have used successfully on the American. It looks like the ends of the tubes are swept up which will make it quicker to turn than flatter tubes. Some people like 9' long tubes but mine has 8'. Seems like a good deal!

Charlie S
11-19-2015, 08:54 PM
Unless you got it before, it's sold out now. Good general use boat.

Jeff F
11-20-2015, 08:56 AM
Unless you got it before, it's sold out now. Good general use boat.

Yep. I noticed that too. But......I got in on the deal. Probably got the very last one in stock! Helluva deal. Opens up a whole new world of fishing for me. No more having to deal with private property access issues. Now I can fish anywhere I want.

Thanks for the heads-up Rich and Charlie.

~J