PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with outboard shops in Sac area GOOD, BAD or UGLY

Railking
11-05-2015, 05:04 PM
Anybody have their outboards serviced @ Bucks, Sac Performance Marine. Sutter Marine? or other marine shop they were happy with?
Thanks

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-05-2015, 07:11 PM
It really depends on what brand and age your outboard is.

Let me know and I can give you good advice.

SeanO
11-05-2015, 10:00 PM
It really depends on what brand and age your outboard is.

Good advice.

If you have a newish model Sac Performance Marine sounds pretty awesome from what my friends have to say about their service!

TaylerW
11-05-2015, 11:01 PM
Sutter has great mechanics

Railking
11-06-2015, 10:29 AM
Thank you all for your response. The motor is a 2006 60 hp Merc. I want to go to Sac Performance, now this guy who owns the boat wants to go to C&C ? Never heard of them
Sac Performance does alot of work on Gov boats and and is easy to talk with on the phone. I will let you know how it turns out
Thanks again

09R1707
11-06-2015, 10:38 PM
Thank you all for your response. The motor is a 2006 60 hp Merc. I want to go to Sac Performance, now this guy who owns the boat wants to go to C&C ? Never heard of them
Sac Performance does alot of work on Gov boats and and is easy to talk with on the phone. I will let you know how it turns out
Thanks again

C&C is a great boat shop. They have modesto and citrus heights locations. They mostly sell bass boats with larger motors, But I would have no concerns at all about having them take a look at the motor. I don't work for them, they replaced a powerhead on one of my older 250 mercs.

hope this helps