PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Maple Shadowbox Fly Display, Add Your Flies in Minutes

dryhollow
11-04-2015, 09:15 PM
First off, this thing absolutely jumps at you as soon as you walk in the room. This is the first of my new design that I've done in Tiger Maple. I wanted a display that was user friendly and finally came up with this concept which I love. You can add or move flies in seconds. I threw a couple flies in just to show how it looks. You simply stick your fly into the foam pieces at the angle you want and slide the foam into the track. Can't get any easier than that. The foam is 1/4" thick and I'll include some in white and black but you can get a sheet for 99 cents at crafts stores (Michaels for sure). You can see from the third pic the foam looks better cut at an angle and also see how the black looks. You may find other materials to put in the track but I think the foam works fine and it will hold pretty big heavy hooks.

The overall size of the display is 12" x 13-1/2" and 2" deep. The Face frame and shelves are Tiger Maple and the rear sides are poplar with a luan back. The distance between shelves is 2-1/2". You can fit a lot of flies in this. The front is hinged and has a magnetic closure to hold it. I left the glass out for the pictures as it throws too much glare but it will come to you installed. Open the door, add your flies and you have a beautiful display. The wood was given three coats of rubbed in varnish and then polished with bries wax for a really nice durable finish. I signed and dated it on the back.

I lowered the price to $90 for this one which includes shipping conus and I take paypal. This is an absolute one-of-a-kind, built to last, and you'll love it. Feel free to message any questions