PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Zihuatanejo

MJones
10-30-2015, 02:23 PM
Looking for input from anyone who has fished Zihuatanejo. Likely headed there Jan 9.
Looking for info on hotels. Right now looking seriously at Villas Mexicana. Hotels in Z only.
Any particular guide you would recommend?
Any other info greatly appreciated.
Have contacted Ed Kunze, we are looking for other people input/take on Z.

Carl Blackledge
10-31-2015, 08:22 AM
Looking for input from anyone who has fished Zihuatanejo. Likely headed there Jan 9.
Looking for info on hotels. Right now looking seriously at Villas Mexicana. Hotels in Z only.
Any particular guide you would recommend?
Any other info greatly appreciated.
Have contacted Ed Kunze, we are looking for other people input/take on Z.

Mel

I can't belive you didn't call me.

The first time I fished Z was with the late Bill Nash, we fished 6 days and caught 27 Sailfish between us, the following year I returned and caught 3, I think the place sucks now.

When Bill and I were there, we noticed they had dead Sailfish laying around like fire wood, at least a few still hanging from the hang man's noose, a few dozen laying all over the dock. we both talked about no fishery could sustain that many dead Sailfish, it was a very ugly site.

As far as the hotel, I would book at the Mexicana. Ask for the rooms by the beach, lots of pretty sites to look at.

If you don't have anything to do, go and enjoy yourself, If your a serious fisherman, don't waste your doe....my 2 cents

Carl

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-31-2015, 02:14 PM
Mexico, like other third world countries, has fish & game laws but no body enforces them.