PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Lion stocks mountain biker......video.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-22-2015, 03:57 PM
http://mbaction.com/home-page/video-mountain-lion-stalks-mountain-biker

hwchubb
10-22-2015, 07:47 PM
Am I the only one rooting for the mountain lion?

SeanO
10-22-2015, 08:35 PM
"Get on your bikes and ride 'em"

Mark Kranhold
10-22-2015, 09:21 PM
I was on the same trail in Auburn , just a few days before that lady was killed by that cat. After that I was always checking my back along those long climbs with a cut bank along my side. Thanks for sharing Bill! Here is a puty tat we caught on our game cam !

Ron Hall
10-23-2015, 11:05 AM
When I first read the title I thought that a mountain lion was stocking up mountain bikers for his winter cache but after viewing the video I finally figured out a mountain lion was stalking a biker.

DLJeff
10-24-2015, 09:38 AM
That's a really interesting video. That cat acts more curious than hungry. I wouldn't classify the cat's behavior as "stalking". If it was truly on the prowl the bike rider most likely would not have seen the cat until it attacked. It may have been hiding along the trail but once it had been spotted by the bike rider and no longer had the advantage of surprise it decided to simply walk down the trail and see what happens next.

k9mark
10-24-2015, 02:28 PM
I think that cat was more curious than anything but never turn and run. Dont follow it either. Raise your arms above your head and try to make yourself bigger and talk loud almost yelling. If all else fails, fight to the death

FISHEYE
10-24-2015, 02:45 PM
I am gald we only have to deal with bears where I live. I think the biker is a fool.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-24-2015, 02:51 PM
I guess if it would have charged he could hit it with his bike?

At first it looked like he was running away which is wrong.

I guess you stand your ground and yell at it.

I would have thrown rocks?

Maybe we need to carry some powerful pepper spray when out in the woods?

Or a pistol?