PDA

View Full Version : LGC's Pontoon Workshop on the Yuba River

Lance Gray
09-29-2015, 03:03 PM
Good Afternoon,

Yesterday we held our first LGC's Pontoon Workshop. We had eight guest with Jon Baiocchi, Ray Narbaitz and myself as the guides. We all had a blast. Everyone learned how to manage their boats down a beautiful river. They learned how to gain the freedom of the drift and able to fish areas that wading anglers can't get too. A great day. Drifted, guest learned their boats, had a great home style lunch provide by Kirsten and landed fish!!!

The workshop covers water safety, boating oar strokes, pivots and reading the water!

Check out the videos and pictures on our Facebook page!!!

https://www.facebook.com/Lance-Gray-and-Company-167553864096/timeline/

It was so great we scheduled another LGC Pontoon Workshop for November 30, 2015. Cost per student is $175. If you would like to book the workshop call or email us ASAP.

Thanks Folks!

Troutstalker55B
09-29-2015, 03:27 PM
That was SO much fun Lance, thanks again for including me. I highly recommend in participating on the November 30th workshop, if you plan to go, practice on a still water and get your paddling strokes down - It really helps! Also check out my article "Pontoon Boats for Rivers" in the October issue of California Fly Fisher magazine, lots of great info to absorb. - J.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-29-2015, 05:22 PM
That could really change someones fly fishing career......good job guys.......what a beautiful river.

Troutstalker55B
09-29-2015, 05:38 PM
That could really change someones fly fishing career......good job.

Thanks Bill, leave it up to Lance, he's a smart dude. The day was incredible!

Lance Gray
09-29-2015, 07:37 PM
Thanks Bill, leave it up to Lance, he's a smart dude. The day was incredible!

Thanks Bill

Jon you are the man!!!

Come join the fun folks. We had a great time and everyone learned so much!!!

Lance Gray
10-04-2015, 11:00 AM
Good Afternoon,

Yesterday we held our first LGC's Pontoon Workshop. We had eight guest with Jon Baiocchi, Ray Narbaitz and myself as the guides. We all had a blast. Everyone learned how to manage their boats down a beautiful river. They learned how to gain the freedom of the drift and able to fish areas that wading anglers can't get too. A great day. Drifted, guest learned their boats, had a great home style lunch provide by Kirsten and landed fish!!!

The workshop covers water safety, boating oar strokes, pivots and reading the water!

Check out the videos and pictures on our Facebook page!!!

https://www.facebook.com/Lance-Gray-and-Company-167553864096/timeline/

It was so great we scheduled another LGC Pontoon Workshop for November 30, 2015. Cost per student is $175. If you would like to book the workshop call or email us ASAP.

Thanks Folks!

Just to update the board. We have 1 spot booked and 7 open. Again it's a great time to learn. Here is a link to our new Pontoon Workshop page on our website. Take a look at it!!

http://lancegrayandcompany.com/workshops/pontoon_workshop

Thanks Folks!

drdan
10-04-2015, 10:37 PM
Thanks Lance, Jon and Ray!!!! It was a really fun and informative day on the water. A great way to hone your rowing skills in a safe way. May I suggest doing a pontoon workshop on more rivers? Lower Sac, Feather.... Maybe even the Trinity at some point? Maybe rotate around every few years?

Thanks again,

Dan Brugger

Lance Gray
10-07-2015, 04:42 PM
Thanks Lance, Jon and Ray!!!! It was a really fun and informative day on the water. A great way to hone your rowing skills in a safe way. May I suggest doing a pontoon workshop on more rivers? Lower Sac, Feather.... Maybe even the Trinity at some point? Maybe rotate around every few years?

Thanks again,

Dan Brugger

Dan

Already in the works. I will keep everyone posted.

We have 3 spots booked for November 30th Pontoon Workshop. 5 spots are still open. Check out our Facebook Page and the Website for more info - go up in the thread for links.

Thanks

Lance Gray
10-09-2015, 04:19 PM
We only have three spots left. If you would like to join us - call or email us ASAP. Filling up quick.

PS- The egg bite is on!!!

Lance Gray
10-12-2015, 08:42 PM
Only have two spots left. Filling up fast folks.

The Lower Sac has been great!

Get out there and fish!!

Lance Gray
10-20-2015, 11:48 AM
The Pontoon Workshop is booked.

Jon and I will be offering another one early next year. We will post it on Kiene's.

Thank you everyone!!!

Wu tang
10-26-2015, 07:55 PM
Bummer I'll have to catch the next one!

Lance Gray
10-27-2015, 01:19 AM
We have one scheduled for March. Take a look at our website.

Thanks

Lance Gray
10-30-2015, 11:47 AM
The Pontoon Workshop is booked.

Jon and I will be offering another one early next year. We will post it on Kiene's.

Thank you everyone!!!

We have two openings that just opened up for the November 30th Workshop. Call or shoot me an email if you want in.

Thanks

Lance Gray
11-03-2015, 08:48 PM
Just updating the board.

We have one spot open for the Pontoon Workshop. It's going to be a great time.

Call or email me if you want in!!

Thanks

Lance Gray
11-10-2015, 04:31 PM
We have two more spots in this upcoming Pontoon Workshop. If you would like to join us let me know. Thanks.

Troutstalker55B
12-01-2015, 02:48 PM
Lance and I had a great time teaching our pontoon workshop yesterday. Thanks to those that attended, it sure was a whole bunch of fun. For a complete report click here; http://jonbaiocchiflyfishingnews.blogspot.com/2015/12/lg-pontoon-workshop-huge-success-lower.html - J.

Ron B
12-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Jon - Thanks again for a great workshop! You're an excellent instructor and we were all very fortunate to have both you and Lance helping us out all day. Hope to see you again soon on the water!

Ron

Lance Gray
12-01-2015, 10:14 PM
Jon - Thanks again for a great workshop! You're an excellent instructor and we were all very fortunate to have both you and Lance helping us out all day. Hope to see you again soon on the water!

Ron

Thanks Ron.

It was a great day! Everyone learned, had great lunch and even had some fish grab some flies. Always a great day out on the river with a group of great people!!

Next Pontoon Workshop is March 6, 2016. We only have a couple of openings left - if you're interested!

Merry Christmas!

JayDubP
12-02-2015, 10:21 AM
I was a student in the Nov 30 Pontoon Workshop and wholeheartedly recommend it. Absolutely what I wanted and needed.

I am in my late 60's and although not new to whitewater, I had never used a fishing pontoon on a river. I now understand the capabilities of my pontoon and have a good idea of the performance variations of different styles of inflatables. Pontoons are incredibly stable and as some students found out- they can go through rapids sideways and backwards without problems.

If you are thinking about buying a pontoon or have one that is underutilized because you do not feel confident using on a river, take one of Lance's Pontoon Workshops-- so you will get your pontoon out of the garage and onto the river. Students ranged from experienced to zero experience-- and everyone left the class with the knowledge and confidence to use their pontoon on most N Cal rivers.

Plus you get to experience and learn about the Lower Yuba River, which is a perfect river for pontoon fishing and tips about how to fish the Lower Yuba from your pontoon. That in itself is worth the class price.

Lance organized a great day while Jon provided tremendous on-the-water instruction and Steve kept everyone on pace. I appreciated that they focused on teaching and not on selling guiding services or flies-- although Lance does have a great "Lower Yuba Fly Kit". Thanks to Mrs. Lance for the great chili lunch-- perfect for the weather.

Thanks to Lance, Jon and Steve for a great class and a great day on the river.

Jim Paige

Troutstalker55B
12-02-2015, 01:22 PM
I was a student in the Nov 30 Pontoon Workshop and wholeheartedly recommend it. Absolutely what I wanted and needed.

I am in my late 60's and although not new to whitewater, I had never used a fishing pontoon on a river. I now understand the capabilities of my pontoon and have a good idea of the performance variations of different styles of inflatables. Pontoons are incredibly stable and as some students found out- they can go through rapids sideways and backwards without problems.

If you are thinking about buying a pontoon or have one that is underutilized because you do not feel confident using on a river, take one of Lance's Pontoon Workshops-- so you will get your pontoon out of the garage and onto the river. Students ranged from experienced to zero experience-- and everyone left the class with the knowledge and confidence to use their pontoon on most N Cal rivers.

Plus you get to experience and learn about the Lower Yuba River, which is a perfect river for pontoon fishing and tips about how to fish the Lower Yuba from your pontoon. That in itself is worth the class price.

Lance organized a great day while Jon provided tremendous on-the-water instruction and Steve kept everyone on pace. I appreciated that they focused on teaching and not on selling guiding services or flies-- although Lance does have a great "Lower Yuba Fly Kit". Thanks to Mrs. Lance for the great chili lunch-- perfect for the weather.

Thanks to Lance, Jon and Steve for a great class and a great day on the river.

Jim Paige

Thanks for the kind words Ron and Jim, I'm still smiling and embracing the memories of such a fun day. So stoked you guys were able to participate. Best of luck and take care! - J.

Lance Gray
12-03-2015, 06:43 AM
Jim,

I am glad you had a great time. That is the whole point - to teach, have fun and laugh!

Take Care!