PDA

View Full Version : American River Cleanup Tomorrow (September 19th 2015 from 9am-12pm)

STEELIES/26c3
09-18-2015, 04:10 PM
Just a friendly reminder to urge your participation in cleaning up our beautiful river and parkway tomorrow at the Great American River Clean Up - Saturday, September 19th 2015 from 9am-12pm

You can sign up or just show up and bags are provided. It is recommended that you wear long pants, sturdy shoes and gloves though I know I will be in shorts...

There are a number of access points available so you can choose a site close to home.

I'll be cleaning up in and around Ancil Hoffman Park.

Get there by 9:00 am and check in with the coordinator at respective reception table.

You can get more info from the website below:

http://www.arpf.org/garcu.php

Phone number for ARPF (American River Parkway Foundation) office is (916) 486-2773

Increase your fish karma ><)));>

Remove that left-foot sandal or empty sunscreen bottle from your fave fall-run salmon, striper, steelie landing spot~;)

Scout the river for new holding water in anticipation of the upcoming fall and winter-run steelhead

Get out and meet other cool people who <3 love <3 the river as much as you do

Bring your kids, friends, neighbors, cohorts, students and use as an opportunity to educate about and instill appreciation for this wonderful resource so many politicians and bureaucrats are hell bent on destroying ;(

Get some exercise, fresh air and maybe even a free T-shirt and go home feeling GREAT about yourself and your community.

OK that's enough~;)

Thanks,
Mark