PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Fall is finally here.........

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-14-2015, 08:59 AM
Hopefully we have seen the end of the triple digit heat in our Valley.

Next 10 day forecast is looking much better.

With the cool air this morning I am calling an unofficial beginning to the Fall Steelhead season.

Time to put your light outfit in your vehicle so you can fish the lower American River before or after work during the week.

**As forum members and local Half-pounder Steelhead junkies we will have to offer to take out Half-pounder newcomers out on the river to get them started off right.

Local board member and local Steelhead commando Mark Krandhold just took a new comer out this weekend and got him started in the right direction. Thanks Mark......

beachbum2
09-14-2015, 09:37 AM
Have dreamed of steelie fishing for many many many years. Have taken a spey casting class w/ Jeff and worked on single handed cast. Now.....where to go and techniques to swing AND catch fish. I can tie a mean soft hackle......now just have to find a place to fish it. Thanks Bill

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-14-2015, 08:49 PM
BB2

We should be able to get someone from our forum to volunteer to meet you on the American River some day soon to give you some ideas what to do.

I am leaving soon for Florida or it would be me.

Baja Fly Fisher
09-14-2015, 08:58 PM
It even rained in Fresno today, but we need a lot more. Hopefully the full force of El Nino will soon be here. I hope this little bit of rain helps those fighting those fires. We don't need anymore lightning though

J

Sheepdog8404
09-15-2015, 10:08 AM
Bill, I sure do hope you're right about this! Mark took me out on Saturday to show me a little how to fish for those guys and we had a blast! I didn't manage any steelies but the Squawfish kept the skunk away and Mark Landed a nice Halfpounder. It sure is nice to have people on here willing to take newbies under their wing and show them the ropes!

Scott V
09-15-2015, 10:16 AM
Fall is not here yet, they are talking upper 90's next week after we hit 70's this week. I hope they are wrong, I am tired of the heat.