PDA

View Full Version : Caddis Come Back

Chris Gearhart
09-13-2015, 05:24 PM
Its not news that the Lower Sac has been it a bit of a slump for awhile. I had a chance to get out and do some fishing with friends that I don't get to fish with much. The good news is the caddis are back!!! Im not sure where they were all summer but they are here now and pretty strong. You know those days when you're brushing them off your legs and the back of your neck, thats whats going on right now. If you fish a rubber legs, caddis and small mayfly stuff you should find fish……… good numbers of fish……….. BIG FISH. Don't be afraid of starting early also bring a dry fly rod and keep your eyes open you can get some really big fish on dries at all times of the day.
I Just hope this keeps up until the egg bite starts. Speaking of the egg bite I have not seen a salmon above Anderson yet………. stay tuned.

Chris

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-13-2015, 10:16 PM
That river fishes almost year round for anglers and guides who know it well.

My friend Mike Mercer at the Fly Shop in Redding, CA told me that October was his favorite time on the Lower Sac from above Redding to Red Bluff and below. He said the big wild Rainbow trout were very strong in the Fall.

**October is one of our top months in California for lots of fly fishing.