PDA

View Full Version : East Side Lakes?

pvsprme
09-11-2015, 08:05 AM
Wife & I will be drifting the lower Owens with Pat Yeager the end of September one day and I am thinking about where to fish the second day. Have a couple float tubes & she likes pulling wets in lakes so I was thinking along those lines; Gull or Silver lakes? Never been to either, but I believe that might be a good time to hit them? Any advice or opinions appreciated. We will be returning over Tioga Pass if open, otherwise south on 395 to 58 so any waters north or south of Bishop are options.

Petundra
09-11-2015, 11:16 AM
I would hit the north arm of Lake Crowley, perch fry are present on the weed edges in 14-15ft. Don't be afraid to drop a small zebra midge off that streamer its been a good midge color for the last month

pvsprme
09-11-2015, 02:03 PM
That's a thought, not so much fun when the wind kicks up.

Fly Guy Dave
09-12-2015, 06:26 AM
You might consider Sabrina or South Lake (if there's any water left in it), both of which are SE of Bishop or perhaps Convict Lake, which is a bit north and is heavily stocked with some nice fish. All of these lakes sit at a good elevation for cold water temps and all contain trout.

Bstallings
09-12-2015, 08:02 PM
Rock Creek Lake around the boat ramp can be very good. Usually some of the large Oregon stockers hanging around. Added bonus is a piece of home made pie from Pie in the Sky at the lodge; can highly recommend the boysenberry or butterfinger.
Another good option is either Intake II or North Lake on Bishop Creek drainage. West Line Street in Bishop takes you up there.