PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Island - 2 spots left

Baja Fly Fisher
09-05-2015, 12:06 PM
Just got an email from Dylan Rose of FlyWater Travel.... Fiji Airline has a special on airfare from Honolulu to Christmas Island. The cost is $782.00. I paid twice the amount for my airfare a couple months ago. Damn.

I have a Hosted Trip to CI on March 22 - 29, 2016. If you ever thought about taking a trip to CI for those big GT's, now is the time, with airfare this low. Remember, Fiji Airlines is the ONLY airlines that flys to CI out of Honolulu and that means they can set their own price.

If you're interested, you can contact Dylan Rose at Fly Water Travel 1 800 552- 2729 or contact me at
jaysflies@me.com. I have a trip flyer I could send you if you're interested.

This offer is only good until Nov. 15, 2015

Thanks

Jay

Dan Carver, please call me. Your phone number some how got erased off caller ID list.
or you can send me an email jaysflies@me.com

PV_Premier
09-17-2015, 04:13 PM
Sounds like an awesome trip, Christmas Island is totally on my bucket list. Just one thing to note, for those who have Alaska Airlines frequent flyer miles available, Fiji Airlines is a partner and you can get seats on the HNL -> Christmas Island flight for 27,500 miles each way + $20 in taxes, subject to availability of course.

Baja Fly Fisher
09-17-2015, 05:31 PM
Damn, wish I would of known that. I would of used my air miles. Oh well, I'm using some to fly to Honolulu. Also using some to fly to FL in Dec.

Jay

I still have the 2 spots left and with Fuji Airlines offering a discount rate of $782.00 this is a bargain trip. If you're interested in fishing Christmas Island and getting pulled out of your wading shoes by a big GT, now's the time to sign up and bite the bullet.
Contact Dylan Rose @ Fly Water Travel 1 800 552-2729 or contact me at jaysflies@me.com

Thanks and hope to see you wading the flats of CI

Jay

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-17-2015, 11:02 PM
I was very lucky to be able to host 13 Kiene's group trips to Christmas Island.

I was able to take my dad and my brother Dick plus some of my old staff as well.

One trip will change your life forever.

dynaflow
10-01-2015, 07:30 PM
Those contemplating a trip to C.I.should be aware that the ongoing El Nino weather pattern is having a measurable impact on the fishing there,and in fact right through the western pacific.Specifically,this means lots of rain and cloudy conditions in addition to extremes of tidal movements...read high low tides and even higher high tides,and this makes for tougher sight fishing.A mate arrived back yesterday and reported rain on the flats every day with the last day being virtually unfishable.Remember too that the rainy season per se is in the early part of the year on Kiritimati.Finally on a more positive note, I'd consider timing your trip around the Neap tides rather than up to the full moon

Baja Fly Fisher
10-01-2015, 09:15 PM
Were still 6 months out from the trip. Just like any other trip, if you worry about the weather conditions, you might as well stay home. I've been to Australia a number of times, April, July, September and December. In July when it's suppose to be OK weather, we had a monsoon a couple days in a row. It rained so hard that we couldn't even see the river mouth where the boat was anchored.
We in Sept and wind almost every day. Weather is weather and no one can control it.
This year in Baja, we had three hurricanes off the West Coast of Mexico in May. Everyone was saying it's way too early to have hurricanes, you take what's thrown at you

mems
10-01-2015, 11:21 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/mems15/fishing1309_zps0109d26b.jpg (http://s15.photobucket.com/user/mems15/media/fishing1309_zps0109d26b.jpg.html)
Last time I was on CI this was our plan B. If it rained too much we hit a pancake flat and caught GT's to 80lbs. If you want to go to CI go with jay and Darian and all the cool guys from this forum like Tony and Jim. I would love to go but am already headed there in April with some friends. Two trips in two months would get me on the wife's shit list. CI is awesome rain or not. The water should cool down pretty soon, this spring should be epic for ono and ahi offshore. Bones and GT's will be in the lagoon and on the flats. We are fishing on the 1/4 moon so it shold be good. If you go you will have a blast, Mems

Tony Buzolich
10-02-2015, 07:42 AM
Don,

Jim and I will be there the last week of January fishing 1/27-2/1 which looks to be a quarter moon as well. The tides look much higher and lower early in our week and taper off later. Being close to the equator I wouldn't think there would be much variation but I guess it has more to do with our sun and moon.

Besides the GT's I've always wanted to take an Ono on the fly. You think the cooler water around then helps with the ono?

Nice GT. I took one about 1/4th that size at the mouth of Honokahau Harbor throwing a popper at night several years ago. They apparently follow the Akule in and out of the harbor to feed.

Can't wait to try for a good one like that wading.
Tony

mems
10-02-2015, 10:07 AM
Hey Tony, have fun in january. We had a weird ono season this last year. We usually get a run of larger fish in march/april and then a larger run of smaller fish april/may. But we had a sporadic run all year long with one great week in march. Last time on CI we got 7 ono in two days of trolling flies and lures. We got 4 trolling with fly rods and a couple cut lines. If you find a cargo net or something floating the ono will hang around that area. Get some 70b tyger wire and strip as fast as you can. They, ono, might be there in january. If not there are ahi and sails and even some mahi a little further off shore. Have fun, Don