PDA

View Full Version : CFFU 2015 September Guest Speaker

Jwalker
08-28-2015, 11:55 AM
Our September speaker is Dan LeCount from the Truckee River Outfitters and he will be presenting a program on Advanced Streamer Fishing. This exciting method of trout fishing is gaining in popularity and Dan will be covering equipment, fly selection, tactics and most importantly how to target predatory fish. These fish are usually the biggest and meanest ones in the system!

Dan is a contract fly designer for the Umpqua Feather Merchants and has been guiding for many years. He’s also a published author and board member of Trout Unlimited, Chapter 103 in Truckee. He will be tying some of his favorite streamer patterns before our general meeting so be sure and get there early. This promises to be an exciting program.

The CFFU meeting starts at 7 pm on Tuesday September 1st, and is located at the RICHARD T. CONZELMANN COMMUNITY CENTER, 2201 Cottage Way, Sacramento. The Center is in the Howe Avenue Park close to Howe Avenue. Starting at 6:15 pm is a fly tying demonstration by a club member.

The Howe Avenue Park is located at the Northeast corner of Howe Avenue and Cottage Way. The entrance is on Cottage Way approximately 150 feet east of Howe Ave. across from Home Depot. Overflow parking is available at Home Depot. A map and more information are found at www.cffu.org.

Please join us for this presentation by Dan LeCount

Dan LeCount
08-30-2015, 09:44 AM
I'm really looking forward to sharing the evening with the guys and gals of CFFU. I'll do my best to keep things fun and informative and hopefully everyone will come away with something useful. See you folks Tuesday night!

Troutstalker55B
08-31-2015, 08:46 AM
I'm really looking forward to sharing the evening with the guys and gals of CFFU. I'll do my best to keep things fun and informative and hopefully everyone will come away with something useful. See you folks Tuesday night!

Dan, your bread and butter is your tying skills, some of the best on the west coast in this day and age. Unbelievable dude. Keep up the great work, and for those of you attending this CFFU event - You're in for a real treat!