PDA

View Full Version : New Regulations for Pyramid Lake approved

Bull_Dog
08-21-2015, 07:26 AM
Here is a link to the new regulations for Pyramid Lake. Some great changes.

http://pyramidlakeflyfishing.com/2015/08/21/new-regulations-for-pyramid-lake/

bartly
08-26-2015, 07:02 PM
I was wondering if these two would pass.

1.18.9 Vehicles (including recreational vehicles) will not park within one-hundred (100) feet of the lake shoreline.

Seems like some of the beaches where the fly fisherman go cars are stacked near shore on the hardpack, 100 feet puts you up into the soft sand. Wondering how strict they will enforce this one.

4.2.1 It will be unlawful to operate or anchor a boat within 250 feet of any person actively engaged in the act of fishing from shore, float tube, or any other small floatation device used solely for single person fishing.

I've been bumped by a troller in my float tube during the chaos of the first couple of opening weekends. I can suppose it will still be chaos. For the first time I'm half hoping I see ranger boats while I'm out in my tube.

Morgan
08-31-2015, 02:51 PM
Im kinda curious as to how the ladder/identification thing is gonna work.
Pretty lame if you ask me.
Maybe its to keep people from tossing out multiple ladders to claim spots?

Bull_Dog
09-01-2015, 09:11 AM
Im kinda curious as to how the ladder/identification thing is gonna work.
Pretty lame if you ask me.
Maybe its to keep people from tossing out multiple ladders to claim spots?

The rule was mainly put in to help police ladders left in the water for a long time to help identify the culprits. It goes along with not leaving your ladder un attended for more than an hour.

The 100 foot thing was the only part of the regs. in my opinion that was not well thought out. The towing companies are licking their lips. Start carrying a tow strap and a shovel with you if you venture out to beaches like Monument, Dago etc. I tried hard to get them to amend this one but they were not listening.

Morgan
09-02-2015, 08:54 PM
The rule was mainly put in to help police ladders left in the water for a long time to help identify the culprits. It goes along with not leaving your ladder un attended for more than an hour.

The 100 foot thing was the only part of the regs. in my opinion that was not well thought out. The towing companies are licking their lips. Start carrying a tow strap and a shovel with you if you venture out to beaches like Monument, Dago etc. I tried hard to get them to amend this one but they were not listening.

Do we just tape all the info onto the ladders or do they have special tags for these ladder regs?

And I agree on the 100' car rule. A pretty dumb rule. But some people just cant figure it out and the lake swallows up their vehicles. OH well...kinda curious how these rules will get policed. HOpefully not too hard.