PDA

View Full Version : Little Truckee Spawning Gravel Placement and Habitat Improvement Project Walkthrough

Dan LeCount
08-17-2015, 09:42 AM
This Saturday August 22nd at 9 am, we have a gravel placement on the Little Truckee River. We need volunteers, so if you have the time, come on up and join us to help improve trout spawning habitat. Free beer and tour of the Little Truckee Fish Habitat improvement will be provided.

Sign up online at: http://jooners.com/guest?l=50b6ef57-a5f2-4449-ab75-3ea7a73728f2.

Please share and invite your friends. Meet in the parking lot right below Stampede Dam on Stampede Meadows Rd.

I hope you get the chance to come check out the project and see what we've been up to!

Doug O
08-18-2015, 01:06 PM
Dan,
Thanks for spreading the word. What an exciting project! I'll be there with a couple of more guys from Nevada. Thanks again,
you're awesome.
Doug O.

Frank R. Pisciotta
08-18-2015, 04:17 PM
Dan & Doug---I'm planning on being there.

For sure a lot more bodies are needed than showed-up for the TU-sponsored Stampede Rd clean-up on August 1st. There was a total of seven (7); two TU #103 board members, three Truckee-Tahoe Fly Fishers and a couple from Sacramento. Laying spawning-gravel is hard-work.

Since I'll be a senior volunteer, I'm hoping to do the easiest and least stressful work ...hoping to work the gravel pile & load buckets; unless the beer-truck drivers from the Prosser spawning gravel-event last year are there...then I just watch....See you there.

Frank R. Pisciotta

Dan LeCount
08-19-2015, 09:34 AM
Thank you for your concern Frank. We got the word out a little later then we hoped with the river clean up, and a few of the board had prior obligations with guide trips and such.

Weekends in the summer for Brian, Matt and I can be a little tough sometimes since we're full time guides. We don't usually get to pick and choose which events we can attend, although we always help where we can in the prep work. Spring, winter and fall we can increase our hands-on involvement dramatically. We usually set up events for the weekend since most people work monday through friday and have weekends off although that doesn't usually work well with our own schedules. It's about trying to get the most involvement from the community.

So far the response from our promotion of the gravel augmentation and LT project walkthrough has been stellar. Whether people are excited about the project or the free beer, I'm not sure, but as long as they come out to help the river that works for me.

Spicytuna1
08-19-2015, 10:20 AM
Good job guys I wish I could swing up there for it but I am out of town.

Keep up the good fight up there guys.