PDA

View Full Version : O'Neal Forebay question

Anne Vitale
08-14-2015, 09:05 PM
Anyone been to the O'Neal Forebay lately? If so what is it like at this time of year?
Anne

Baja Fly Fisher
08-14-2015, 10:28 PM
Haven't been in a while. I usually start fishing the Forebay mid Sept. the winds usually start laying down and the mornings are a little cooler. Oct and Nov are good months to start fishing the waters. I'm tying up some blue gill patterns for the shallows and hope to get on the water within a couple weeks. I just cleaned up my pram and it's ready to go. If the price of gas stays down, I'll be there 3 to 4 days a week, never fish on the weekends
If you see a guy in a pram frothing up the water, that'll be me "-)

jay

Anne Vitale
08-15-2015, 01:12 PM
Thanks Jay.....you are the one I was hoping to hear from. If anyone knows about that place, it is you.

I haven't seen you in a while. I hope all is well...Anne

Darian
08-15-2015, 02:05 PM
If you follow Blanton's BB, there're a couple of recent threads by Ming Moua about Striper fly fishing in SLR. Not the forebay but probably an indicator of how the fishing might be there.

Good luck if you decide to go....

Baja Fly Fisher
08-16-2015, 12:26 AM
Also, Meng Syn fishes the Forebay more than anyone else. Haven't seen too many reports from him, so he must be taking the summer off. I'm actually tying up some flies right now for the forebay.