PDA

View Full Version : Carp around Colusa?

kylgrn
07-12-2015, 09:22 AM
Pretty specific I know, but I visit my in-laws in Williams just about every other weekend and I know theres gotta be some carp around here somewhere. I called Kittles without much faith and I got "nobody around here fishes for carp".

I know Clearlake has them in abundance but I would rather not drive the 1.5 hours to get there, plus that place is more conducive to boats. I would imagine in one of the sloughs or irrigation canals that have water year around must have some carp swimming around.

Anyone know a fly fishermen out here that might have an idea?

Tony Buzolich
07-12-2015, 11:20 AM
The slough that ends right at Ward's Landing is loaded with carp and everything else. You can follow the levee next to it for miles. Another slough that is close to there is the Sutter Bypass. The road coming from Sutter and through the Buttes goes right over it and there's plenty of access to the water there too.

A small boat or a pram would be ideal there for either place. A float tube would work but I don't know if I'd want to get wet in there.

Hope this helps, Tony

kylgrn
07-12-2015, 02:44 PM
Thanks! I am familiar with Sutter Bypass and although we drive over it several times a month, I haven't fished in it for probably 15 years.