PDA

View Full Version : Possible Grande Ronde Opening

Rick J
07-08-2015, 12:26 PM
We may have an opening for our Grande Ronde float - Sept 28-Oct 1. This is a 4 day 3 night float through the gorge on the Grande Ronde - perhaps the finest fly fishing river for steelhead in terms of runs per mile - absolute stunning scenery. See link below

http://flywatertravel.com/destination/SpeyWaterLodge

Guides will include Mike McCune and Whitney Gould

Fishing can go from fantastic to very tough depending on the year - this will be my 6th trip with these guys. And even with few hookups the trip is incredible

PM me if interested

Best Rick

loose_shoes
07-13-2015, 03:15 PM
I once went to the Grande Ronde unintentionally. I got there during Labor Day weekend and it hot and waaaay too early for steelhead. We had the place to ourselves for what it was worth. It is very interesting country.

I'm usually good at reading a map and estimating drive times. Driving out there certainly schooled me about the vastness of eastern Oregon and humbled me on my estimating skills. Leaving Portland on at noon on day one it took until late afternoon of day 2 to get there. I managed to get a few resident trout for my considerable effort. It was another looooong trip out of there and down through central Oregon

It sure would be nice to fish it properly and in season. I've seen presentations by guides that lead small mouth bass trips on the Grande Ronde. That looks like fun, too.

Rick J
07-14-2015, 07:18 AM
Spey Water - same guys I am with - Scott O'Donnell, Mike McCune and others including Whitney Gould also have started a few summer floats for small mouth - 3 day floats through canyon