PDA

View Full Version : Fall River is tough

kylgrn
07-05-2015, 08:41 PM
Headed up to the fall for the fourth of July, really special place up there. Not many crowds, lots and lots of bugs and rising trout. Needless to say I got my butt kicked, 15 feet of 7x and perfect drifts still weren't enough to entice those trout. I eventually took to streamers which worked a bit better, didn't fish the hex hatch due to thunderstorm. Not sure how I feel about the whole boat thing, too much moving around and cleaning the weeds off the anchor for my taste.

Randy B
07-07-2015, 03:06 PM
Was there too, fished Friday and Saturday. Pretty tough. Sporadic hatches of small bugs. Trout rising consistently. Didn't see any fish caught and didn't fish the Hex.

kylgrn
07-07-2015, 07:59 PM
How 'bout that lightning storm though!? Natures fireworks.

B Kane
07-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Was there the Sat. before and the boat traffic was huge but the fishing was very good. 7x and very small flies. Just depends on the day.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-07-2015, 10:36 PM
Before you go to the Fall River come into Kiene's and talk with Terry Thomas.

Retired school teacher, Terry Thomas, has had a permanent travel trailer up near the Fall River for about 25 years and is an expert on the river.

Randy B
07-07-2015, 10:52 PM
We were back at our campground near Hat Creek for the lightning storm, but it was amazing even from the next valley over. Bill, said just that to my fishing partner as we were getting our butts kicked..."We should've talked to Terry before heading up to the Fall."