PDA

View Full Version : Camp Grounds near the North Yuba Area

Kurt22
07-01-2015, 11:36 AM
Can anybody recommend a family friendly campsite around the North Yuba River area. Love to read all of the great posts about that area but have never gone there myself... Thank you!

Bwag
07-08-2015, 10:43 AM
Not sure what is considered family friendly for you, I know for my wife and kids that means toilets and showers with hot water. I've always stayed at the eastern stretch of the North Fork Yuba at one of the campgrounds near Sierra City when on a trip with my friends. I haven't looked at all of them along 49 by any means so I'm not sure if any would have showers with hot water, I'm sure some have toilets.

I've only been there on weekdays in the summer which is great, I've left there on a Friday afternoon and all the campgrounds along the north fork were starting to fill up by late afternoon but that may not always be the case.

There's a few different places with cabins along the North Fork but they book up early in the year, I've stayed at Sierra Streamside Cabins with my family and they loved it. Downieville has a few places to eat and the hardware store there is pretty cool, they've got some books for fly fishing on the area as well as flies.

Here's a decent list of the campgrounds along 49, I think you can click on each individual camp link and it will provide more information:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/tahoe/recreation/camping-cabins/recarea/?recid=55446&actid=29