PDA

View Full Version : Can't Fly Fish Anymore! Due injury to my hand and arm.

FlyBum
06-30-2015, 09:18 AM
Due to a repetitive work injury which became a problem nearly 2 years ago I can no longer cast or hold onto a fly rod. I first started it was hell is both I write and left hand and right arm. I had surgery a year and a half ago, but unfortunately even after surgery the problem has returned on the right side and I may need surgery again.

Just before this all happened I purchased several top-of-the-line Allen Fly Fishing Company rods and reels. As well as new fly line. Unfortunately, I was only able to use one of the new rods and reels one time Andy Guibord. I was just informed by my doctor who is also an avid fly fisherman that that it is unlikely that I will be able to fish anymore.

As a result I have decided I want to sell all of my fly fishing and fly tying stuff. I'm hoping the members here or the shop could give me advice on the best way to do so.

Please, forgive any typos as I now have to use dictation software.

Tom Wilson

Darian
06-30-2015, 02:04 PM
Tom,.... I'm saddened to hear your condition will limit pursuit of fly fishing, permanently, but keep looking up. There're still avocations/hobbies you can get involved in. After selling you fishing gear, you could re-invest in photographic gear for one suggestion. Still takes you to all of those wonderful places and captures how you feel for sharing.

I really can't offer much advice on selling your gear having little experience with doing that myself. There's listing it on this BB, E-bay or one of the dealers that specialize in resale at places like the Fly Fishing Show. Another alternative might be to locate a shop or dealer that will sell on consignment.

Hoping everything works out for you.... :cool: