PDA

View Full Version : Salmon Run Already?

JMKiernan
06-19-2015, 08:18 AM
Stopped by Discovery park in Sacramento yesterday to watch the boats working the seam when I saw at least 5 chrome salmon landed ( and released ) and watched salmon rolling all over the place. Is this the summer run? Early Fall run? Spring fish?

Reel Ventures on the Fly
06-19-2015, 10:10 AM
Found a chrome salmon just below Sunrise, the sad thing it was laying on the bottom of the river dead...gill rot is my best bet

Tony Buzolich
06-19-2015, 12:07 PM
While fishing stripers on the Feather two days ago I landed a bright chrome salmon at Shanghai Bend. Yes, they eat clousers too.

I think this is part of the spring run. Hope the water temps don't come up much more or we'll have lots of dead fish in the river everywhere.
Tony

Jake O
06-19-2015, 12:55 PM
Found a chrome salmon just below Sunrise, the sad thing it was laying on the bottom of the river dead...gill rot is my best bet

No, probably just the result of a spear fisher......:rolleyes::D

Walter
06-25-2015, 07:55 AM
While fishing stripers on the Feather two days ago I landed a bright chrome salmon at Shanghai Bend. Yes, they eat clousers too.

I think this is part of the spring run. Hope the water temps don't come up much more or we'll have lots of dead fish in the river everywhere.
Tony

Get ready for the new Warm Water Closures just approved by the Fish and Game Comission. High time in my opinion. More for the Klamath but CV rivers need it as well.