PDA

View Full Version : East Carson?

bikebum
06-08-2015, 08:20 PM
Have not been up to Markleeville in too long and looks like I may be able to spring free for a few days at the end of the week. Checking Dreamflows it looks like the flow may be about right. Has anyone been up there lately? Any help would be appreciated

cdevine
06-08-2015, 09:27 PM
Have not been up to Markleeville in too long and looks like I may be able to spring free for a few days at the end of the week. Checking Dreamflows it looks like the flow may be about right. Has anyone been up there lately? Any help would be appreciated

Flows are both up on the west walker and the east carson but seem to be coming down a tad daily. Some of that late season snow is melting and kicked started the flows. I drove by it a week or so ago and it was off color and running fairly high. It wasn't chocolate milk but pretty close. Talked to some people and they said its greening up a little by the day. The east carson got hit with a mud slide last year and there seems to be a lot of silt and sand now. These T storms will muddy it up as well. The west carson clears up really fast but gets pounded pretty hard.

Keep a close eye out for the weather. If it stays clear and warm the rest of the week I bet you will be in for decent fishing. If they get more wet weather (T Storms) it might be "off".

I plan on hitting this area with my kiddos around father day. Good place for kids to catch fish.

bikebum
06-09-2015, 08:42 PM
Thank you for the info, I will check another source tomorrow and go from there. If I do make it up I will report back conditions. Been at least 6 years since I was up there and last year by the time I could get away the flows had bottomed out.

Thanks again for the help. If not Markleeville will flip a coin between Upper Sac, Downieville and upper reaches of the Stan

Kevin