PDA

View Full Version : Denver Colorado

Americanriver12
06-08-2015, 12:09 PM
Hello everyone, I have a trip to Denver in about a week and wanted to do some fishing while I was there. I have never been to Denver but only heard great things about the fishing. On another forum I was told Estes park has some good fishing opportunities. Any suggestions about favorite places to fish near Denver. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

loose_shoes
06-09-2015, 11:49 AM
Not sure about the fishing in Denver metro region. You'll want to get up into the mountains of the Front Range. There is good fishing around Estes Park as you mentioned. The areas west of Boulder and Ft. Collins are good places to check out. The canyons that lead up the Front Range have lots of stream and river fishing. There is nice small stream fishing in and around the town of Boulder. You could send an email to Daniel Galhardo at TenkaraUSA and he'll probably give you good advise on where to fish in that area. Farther north is the North Park area. Near the town of Walden is a series of lakes that are trophy trout fisheries. The Delaney Buttes lakes in particular are very good. The mosquitos get vicious there later in June and all through July so now is a good time to go there.

http://northparkanglers.com/fishing-report/

cmcdhuibh
06-09-2015, 06:09 PM
The water levels will be high due to the spring snow melt on the front range but can be manageable. Lake Estes is good year around and the Big Thompson coming out is regulated depending on the amount of snow pack. RMNP has a lot of opportunity's.

Mr F
06-09-2015, 07:07 PM
The water levels will be high due to the spring snow melt on the front range but can be manageable. Lake Estes is good year around and the Big Thompson coming out is regulated depending on the amount of snow pack. RMNP has a lot of opportunity's.

Ditto that. You can't go wrong with a visit to RMNP. Even when the fishing is off, the scenery is still amazing.

Bear creek is a good option close to Denver, but I think the flows will be high for a while. There's also great warm-water fishing around up and down the Front Range.

Good info here: http://frontrangeanglers.com/boulder-colorado-fly-fishing-reports/

And here: http://troutsflyfishing.com/info/fishing-information

fishracing
06-09-2015, 09:27 PM
In late May I was in Denver for a wedding. I stopped by "Trout's Flyfishing" at 1303 E 6th Av. They were very helpful and great. They sent me to the South Platte in the Cheesman Canyon area. The water was high and off color but the fishing was great. 4 rainbows and 1 cutbow. All 14" to 18". Caught on san juan and scuds.

koffler
06-10-2015, 10:24 AM
I just got back from Boulder on Monday night, everything is blown our river wise (IMO). They have received a ton of rain over the last month. I would guess only lakes would be an option but call one of the local fly shops for confirmation. The Big Thompson was super high and muddy.

Americanriver12
06-10-2015, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the info everyone