PDA

View Full Version : Plumas, Im in Love

jbeni
06-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Before I start, let me just say Im sorry for the amateur uploaded photos.... how can I rotate them????
You'll get the idea, though...

All that chatter last week about Plumas County got me going so I decided to take a day trip on Wednesday, to a small stream I love in the area.

It was one of those days... put the Yellow Stimi on and I didn't take it off for about 4-5 hours. From 10-3pm, I used a Yellow Stimi / dropper set up -- prince on the way up the river, and a copper John on the way down. Fish were rising all day... most of the fish on the dry, with a few on the dropper.
These guys were a dime a dozen -- seemed like 2-3 in every hole.

Complete solitude....peaceful, gin clear and beautiful...and it sure beats working!

Got onto one of Feather rivers later afternoon into evening...and it continued. Whoa! There were places that I thought I could never wade and the water was to my knees / thigh. Gonna be scary come July.... My mistake was taking off the Stimi and opting for the nymph rig.... Black Stone and caddis nymph....caught a couple, but since the fish were rising I quickly took it off and went to a Caddis dry / dropper. I had some big fish taking the dry... missed a couple, and lost one hog molley down these rapids.

My largest fish was about 16 incher, (not in photo) but most were 10-14 inches on the main stem.

Too many to count, but it was over 25 fishey's. Im back in the Bay area now dreaming about my old love, Plumas. Wishing I was back at Chico State so I could be closer...

-Beni

Gregg
06-05-2015, 10:53 AM
There's a few streams that feed into the system up there that are so much fun, and then you can jump onto the NF Feather in the eve to wrap up the day...so much fun.

For the pics, Imageshack is a bit archaic, but it's pretty easy to upload and rotate the images, then shrink to medium size and copy/paste the forum code. Jump on there when you get a sec, you'll probably dig it.

atavuss
06-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Also easy to open your pictures in Paint and rotate them. You can also probably rotate them in the camera (or cell phone if you are using your phone).

Mark Kranhold
06-05-2015, 02:56 PM
Beni, congrats on a great day in Plumas! Plumas county has some beautiful country, if you like day hikes you should go check out lakes basin area up off Gold lake road. The top of the Sierra Buttes is heaven!

cdevine
06-06-2015, 12:05 PM
Beni, congrats on a great day in Plumas! Plumas county has some beautiful country, if you like day hikes you should go check out lakes basin area up off Gold lake road. The top of the Sierra Buttes is heaven!

Beni- Those are the days that keep us coming back. Thanks for sharing old friend. See you on the river soon.

SeanO
06-07-2015, 02:19 AM
Great report, jbeni!

Great looking fish there.

http://www.kiene.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10859&d=1433668670