PDA

View Full Version : Small Stream & Lower Sac Report

Chris Gearhart
05-23-2015, 06:50 PM
Lower Sac- Its been a weird few weeks on the Sac. About four weeks ago fishing was wide open then the river doubled in flow. After a few days of adjusting (me and the fish) the weather got weird and went from bright sunny warm days and went to cloudy cooler days. Even through all that fishing most days remained pretty solid. Weather looks like its gonna straighten out now and the more dependable and predictable hatches should return. Bugs that are working for me lately have been a lot of different mayflies, caddis stuff and stonefly stuff.

Small Streams- I spent the day with my wife and the dog on one of my favorite small streams. Flows are low and barely enough to get the drift boat down. I put the indicator rod down in the first hour of fishing and never picked it up again!!!!!! BUGGERS baby!!!!! Fish were on the grab all day long. I did not find the BIG fish I was hoping for but we hooked and released fish from 10" to 15". I honestly don't know how fish in total but it was a ton. These fish were all acrobatic. If you are thinking of going, go soon as I am hearing flows are going to be dropped to VERY LOW FLOWS in the very near future.

I will have a report on my site with a few more details for those interested.

Chris