PDA

View Full Version : RV Park Suggestions for young kids

rylcrawford
05-13-2015, 07:52 AM
Renting an RV in July to take the family camping for a few days. Looking to stay within about 150 miles from the Bay Area. My daughters are 3, and 18 months. Looking for recommendations on RV campsites that are particularly good for young kids.

Probably better suited on a small lake with some boat rental options? Any advice appreciated...first time taking the kids camping and want to make sure they have enough activities to keep them happy.

Lance Gray
05-13-2015, 09:17 AM
Renting an RV in July to take the family camping for a few days. Looking to stay within about 150 miles from the Bay Area. My daughters are 3, and 18 months. Looking for recommendations on RV campsites that are particularly good for young kids.

Probably better suited on a small lake with some boat rental options? Any advice appreciated...first time taking the kids camping and want to make sure they have enough activities to keep them happy.

It's a little far than 150 miles. But I would recommend Manzanita Lake. The lake itself is an awesome fly fishing lake with wild fish. No take single barbless hooks only. A great huge campground. No hook ups unless you have medical problems ask the host. The store is awesome fresh gourmet coffee, ice cream, pizza great place. Hot showers at the store also. Flushing toilets in the campground - with large sites to move in large rvs. Make sure you get reservations. Great place!

Railking
05-14-2015, 09:26 PM
For children I would suggest http://www.hatcreekherefordrv.com/..We use to take my God chidren there... nice clean park. Full hookups
and they don't take any crap from rowdy's.... Keeps the place comfortable for those that a generally calm experience.. nice pond to cool off and horseshoe pits and tether ball for the kids.
This is a working cattle ranch, ck it out.

Randy B
05-15-2015, 08:05 AM
I second the Hat Creek Hereford Ranch recommendations. Have camped there many, many times since my kids were small. Fist the bill other than being outside the 150 range.