PDA

View Full Version : Late Trip Report....

Darian
05-07-2015, 10:53 PM
Went on a drift trip for Stripers on the lower American (Howe Ave to the mouth) in Andy Guibords' boat. Started the day off with an early, small Striper on a Pole Dancer and then switched to Stay Hungry (Shad colors) for a few more small guys. Andy and I caught a bunch of small fish all along the way. We drifted and fished, anchored along and had lunch. Long day (5:30am to around 3:30pm), beautiful weather, good company and I had a great time. Even small Stripers fight well. Fun stuff!!

I've never fly fished or fished in any manner from a drift boat before. Andy's is laid out comfortably. Found out it's difficult to do a strip strike in that high bow. Got some stiff leg muscles from the slight rocking action of the boat. Saw a few Shad but didn't fish for them (we were after a double digit fish).

If you haven't gone on a trip with Andy, yet, I recommend it. He knows all the spots where fish can be found.... :cool:

Chasin Fin
05-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the report and efforts of the long drift. Let's hope the fish find their way up the American with the low flows.

Jeff C.
05-08-2015, 12:22 PM
Hi Darian,

I saw you and Andy before you guys went back to the boat ramp Tuesday afternoon. I was on the North bank trying for shad and Andy gave me some info on where you guys saw a saw small pod of them. Andy's new (old) boat looks good.

Jeff

Darian
05-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Hi Jeff,.... Hope you caught some fish for your efforts. Andy's boat is really very comfortable and rows well but Andy says that he needs some longer oars. He did all the rowing (even tho I volunteered to row some). Andy's a really fishy/good Dude. :cool: