PDA

View Full Version : Campground Suggestion

johnsquires
05-06-2015, 05:18 PM
Meeting up with some friends for a few days. One lives in Eugene, others in Sacramento area, so looking for somewhere in the middle. Fishing would be a nice bonus, but the main goal is a nice campground and surroundings. We plan to do a lot of sitting around the campfire, eating, maybe a beer or two and a cigar or two, talking about past adventures - you know the drill. Maybe hike a bit if I can get them out of their chairs.
I read an article years back about this great campground up in the Shasta area. We get there and the camp spots are tiny and right on top of each other. I'm wanting to avoid that type of scenario.
Thanks for your help.

Bill Markwood
05-06-2015, 07:21 PM
This isn't quite in the middle, but Farewell Bend campground on the upper Rogue River is BEAUTIFUL. You can fish the Rogue above Medford. You can fish the "Holy Water". You can fish the upper Rogue. If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll give you some more information.

tcorfey
05-06-2015, 08:09 PM
There are some campgrounds (two I think) that are on the back side of Shasta where the McCloud river comes in to the lake. Pretty spacious with some shrubbery between the sites. There you can kick back on the shore and fish the lake or walk up the Mcloud to do some rock hopping and more active fishing. Sides are pretty steep but not too bad.

johnsquires
05-09-2015, 06:03 PM
Thank you for the suggestions. Challenging year.