PDA

View Full Version : Wanted- ultra lite 2-3wt reel

cdevine
05-02-2015, 08:43 PM
Looking for a ultra lite fly reel like lamson waterworks, Ross Evo 0, hardy, etc.
Will match up with 7"9 sage 2wt. Thx

DLJeff
05-02-2015, 09:02 PM
I have an Abel "0", black color, I might be willing to part with. It's in very good condition and would come with the backing and line that is on it (I think it's a 5wt double taper floating line)

cdevine
05-03-2015, 07:01 AM
Thanks, I'm not as familiar with Abel models. Is that for 2-4wt? You mention 5wt line is on it now which is too big for what I need.
PM if that is easier. Thx again!

DLJeff
05-03-2015, 09:33 AM
I don't think they make the smaller trout size models like this any more. The "0" and "0.5" are made with the same cork drag disc as the bigger Super Series. The reel is 2 7/8" diameter and the spool is 3/4" wide. I guess it holds about 100 yards of backing and a 5wt double taper with plenty of room leftover. Probably more drag than any trout reel ever needs but it is what it is. I usually set it just tight enough to prevent backlash when you're stripping off line. Anyway, this reel is in very good condition (I take good care of my stuff). I got it in late 1980's from Hargrove's Fly Shop in St Louis. It has a low sequence number #495. It has a coco bolo handle. There are some minor scratches on the reel foot (I typically used it on a bamboo rod with sliding rings which have to be snugged up sort of tight). There are also a couple minor scratches on the perimeter edge of the spool. All normal wear and tear type scratches. The cork is in excellent condition (I always kept neatsfoot oil on it) and the drag screw, spindle, springs, and knob are all perfect. It has a single click pall inside with two pall strings, all in excellent working condition.

Comes with the original Abel red, padded neoprene reel cover.

I have a 5wt double taper on it now because I was using it on a Sage Lightline 4wt last.

Here's a couple photos. If it peaks your interest shoot me a PM and we'll haggle out the details. I'm happy to sell it because I need to pare down some of my gear.
Doug

ChasingRainbows
05-04-2015, 10:02 AM
Looking for a ultra lite fly reel like lamson waterworks, Ross Evo 0, hardy, etc.
Will match up with 7"9 sage 2wt. Thx

I have a G Loomis Current 3/4 reel, see link for specs and picture. It is in very good condition, PM me if interested!

http://jaywebman.com/HisHers/Shopping/reels/gloomis_reels.htm