PDA

View Full Version : Beard

johnsquires
05-01-2015, 07:05 PM
I hate to do this (make myself look so old when I'm so young - I mean feel so young), but less water to shave is the least I can do. How many men in CA without beards that shave every day and how much water do those men use on something that is not so crucial?

And you women out there - no, never mind.

SeanO
05-01-2015, 07:12 PM
You should pick up an electric shaver.

I hate to do this (make myself look so old when I'm so young - I mean feel so young), but less water to shave is the least I can do. How many men in CA without beards that shave every day and how much water do those men use on something that is not so crucial?

And you women out there - no, never mind.

johnsquires
05-01-2015, 08:11 PM
You should pick up an electric shaver.

Never - ever been able to find an electric shaver that works for me.

Darian
05-01-2015, 10:02 PM
Growing a beard/mustache is fun but I'm wondering if not shaving is really much of a water saving, unless you're not going to wash the beard/mustache. In which case you might find that nobody wants to be around when it gets sticky and starts to smell. In Alaska maybe that wouldn't matter, tho.... ;)

If you belong to a gymnasium or fitness/racquet club that has a steam room, you can shave/shower there. Best shave for me is in the steam room. That saves shaving/showering at home.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-02-2015, 07:56 AM
My dad, Fred Kiene, said in WW2 in the US Navy you took a "navy shower" out at sea.....

Get wet, turn off the shower, soap up and wash, then turn it on again to rise off.

That is how they conserved on water out at sea......

johnsquires
05-02-2015, 04:22 PM
Looking pretty rough just two days in. I'll be tripping over it soon.
Now if I could just get the hair on the top of my head to grow.