PDA

View Full Version : Fall RIver Condition

Railking
04-29-2015, 11:50 PM
Anyone been on the Fall?, Interested in hearing your reports? Thinking of heading up in a couple of days if I can get some info..
Thanks

Terry Thomas
05-01-2015, 07:55 PM
Fished it last Sunday. The water level is normal and with little cold weather up there this past winter the aquatic vegetation is strong. A few PMD's coming off with a strong "aluminum " hatch.

kylgrn
05-01-2015, 08:27 PM
Does the water fluctuate much? Thought those spring fed streams were somewhat consistent.

Railking
05-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Fished it last Sunday. A few PMD's coming off with a strong "aluminum " hatch. ROAR !!!!

Thanks for reply Terry.
Al

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-02-2015, 07:47 AM
Terry Thomas and his commando fly fishing group of friends have had travel trailers permanently up in an RV park/campground near Burney, CA for over 25 years.

So if you ever want to come into Kiene's and talk with a Fall River/Hat Creek expert just look up Terry Thomas when he is working.

Terry knows all about the fishing, accesses and hatches.....

**I was up there (~20 yrs ago) and he was fishing from an anchored pram, 'down streaming' 70 feet to rising trout with a size #22 female Trico Cripples on a 15' 7x leader........

They have been fishing Fall River and Hat Creek sense the 1970s......

Terry could pick you out the exact right flies for the week you are going to Fall River.

School teachers and fireman are some of the best fly fighters I know.

SeanO
05-02-2015, 07:44 PM
Our research crew recorded some 27 and 28 inch fish in there last month (they were also FAT).

Crazy big fish in the Fall.

Railking
05-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Bingo !!!!!

was up there (~20 yrs ago) and he was fishing from an anchored pram, 'down streaming' 70 feet to rising trout with a size #22 female Trico Cripples on a 15' 7x leader........

Sounds like someone I could fish with..

They have been fishing Fall River and Hat Creek sense the 1970s......

Terry could pick you out the exact right flies for the week you are going to Fall River.

School teachers and fireman are some of the best fly fighters I know.

.[/QUOTE]