PDA

View Full Version : 8' 2/3wt Elkhorn Traveler 4pc

Dan LeCount
04-16-2015, 12:30 PM
This is a pleasant little rod I've been having collect too much dust. It's been fished maybe a half dozen times at best, but mostly has been sitting in the garage. I got this as a tip for a series of guide trips. Thing is, I don't fish small water as much as I used to, but I have 5 or 6 rods for that purpose if I ever wanted to so it's just been sitting for probably 10+ years. I was going through the collection and realized I really dont need 40-50 fly rods, even with the guide service and classes. Very light and soft, a great midging/ light tailwater or backcountry dry rod. Very similar action to some of the lighter/softer Sages like the Txl or the Spl. The cordura rod tube has seen better days, has a bit of a kink from leaning against the wall in the garage but it still works fine. The rod is straight, clean (like new) with nice cork and just a couple minor blemishes that are barely noticeable. Elkhorn still makes the Traveler rod similar to this one, although they do a 2 or a 3 wt, not a #2/3. It sells for 200-220$ depending on which one you get.

https://elkhornflyrodandreel.com/shop/rods/elkhorn-traveler-series-fly-rod/

I'll ship this one to your door for 100$. Sorry for the crappy phone pic. If you need, I can email some better ones.

Like I said, the rods almost brand new(at least in condition) and will serve someone well that's looking for this type of rod

Ed Wahl
04-16-2015, 05:18 PM
Hey Dan, I'll take that sweet little rod. Pm me and we'll do the details.
Ed