PDA

View Full Version : Fly Fishing Film Tour in Reno and Fishmas Eve in Truckee

Dan LeCount
04-09-2015, 06:32 PM
On April 24th We will be holding our 10th annual Fishmas Eve party in Truckee.

This is our annual fundraiser for Trout Unlimited chapter #103, and all proceeds will be going towards local fisheries conservation programs. It will be held at the Blue Coyote in Truckee. You can buy tickets inside for 30$. That will get you all-can-eat pizza and beer plus a raffle ticket. You can buy more raffle tickets and there will also be a silent auction for a few select items. I'm finishing up a fly rod for the raffle and we'll have another rod up too(a Sage One!), along with a ton of other items; like guide trips, reels, a bike and more. If some of you are worried about driving back to Sacramento or somewhere similar, let me know and we may be able to get you in someones guestroom, if not probably at least a couch to surf on.

I look forward to sharing a beer with you guys and shaking everyone's hand for their support.

Thanks,
Dan LeCount

Dan LeCount
04-10-2015, 07:13 AM
About to wrap the silk on this 8' 6wt Fisher for the Fishmas Eve raffle. Joe Fisher lived in Carson and rolled blanks for a bunch of the biggies back in the day, names like Winston, Scott, Hardy and others. Some of the most classic rods ever made, had their blanks rolled by the Fishers. 10653

Dan LeCount
04-11-2015, 07:16 PM
Here's a cool thread if you want to know about the history of Fisher rods.

http://www.kiene.com/forums/showthread.php?26695-History-of-Fisher-rod-company

Dan LeCount
04-23-2015, 11:14 AM
Putting the final touches on one of tomorrow's raffle prizes.

Spicytuna1
04-28-2015, 12:04 PM
How did things end up for you guys? Hope everything went smooth and it was a great success.

Frank tracked me down for the trip he won.

Doug O
04-28-2015, 01:56 PM
"Fishmas Eve" has been an awesome annual event. This year was no exception. Lots of great people and tons of fun. It is the biggest fundraiser of the year for the Tahoe- Truckee Charter #103 TU. Dave Lass, Matt Heron, Dan Le Count, Stefan McLeod, and all the" Tahoe Trout Bums" do a fantastic job with this event. I encourage all anglers to attend next year's "Fishmas Eve".

Dan LeCount
04-28-2015, 05:17 PM
Things went really well. We almost panicked since a large construction company decided to hold an impromptu retirement party the same night, but they ended up clearing out right before we started. After that, fly fisher folks from all over started showing up in droves. Great vibe and great to feel the support from the various local groups and anglers like the Tahoe Truckee Fly Fishers, Sagebrush TU, guides like Doug O. Jon Baiocchi, Mikey Wier, Chris Nicola, Chris Maher. Frank Pisciottta and a ton of others. We couldn't accomplish anything without the support from our local and regional angling community. You guys rocked!