PDA

View Full Version : The Half-Pounder A Steelhead Trout

Mark Kranhold
04-04-2015, 11:36 AM
I just picked up a copy of this book from Dennis and it looks like a goodie! I am not sure if you all know who Dennis Lee (the author) is, he is a retirerd California Department of Fish and Game Fishery Biologist. This book covers the life history of the steelhead trout (Half-Pounders) with data dating back to the 1800's and also talks about Flyfishing for these beautiful creatures that we all cherish. I have not got to far in this hardback book , but I will tell you it is beautifully illustrated with some great pictures and has a vast amount of knowledge! I am looking forward to sitting down this evening for some good reading. Thank you Dennis & Wendy for all your efforts and knowledge you put in this book! Mark
Sorry for the sideway pics, not sure why this happend?

njbeast
04-05-2015, 11:45 AM
Nice looking book Mark. Where did you pick it up?

Mark Kranhold
04-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Njbeast, you can order it on Dennis's website or email him.
www.dennisplee.com
dpleeflytying@comcast.net

Jeff Putnam
06-29-2015, 01:50 PM
Dennis put together an incredible book that dives into the history of real Half-Pound Steelhead. I learned even more about my favorite freshwater game fish and was really impressed at the collection of fly pics. Great job Dennis and thanks for including my spey casting pic! JP

John Sv
03-13-2016, 08:51 PM
Just got this book fro my birthday-woohooo! Excellent book! I especially like the fly patterns chapter and how new and old patterns are mixed side by side.
Good stuff!

Terry Thomas
03-14-2016, 01:07 PM
Great read; well worth the $$.
T