PDA

View Full Version : Feather Drifts????

BumpBailey
03-30-2015, 10:04 AM
I've been wanting to take my drift boat to the Feather and would like to know the areas that people put in and take out. Also are there any areas of danger that one needs to pay particularly close attention to???

Also, is there a reliable shuttle service?

BumpBailey
04-01-2015, 09:20 AM
Anyone? Ferris?

cyama
04-01-2015, 06:27 PM
The guides usually put in at Montgomery Street Park, not sure if that is the exact name. It is the last exit in Oroville Montgomery street turn left go under the Highway and past the arch. Launch ramp at the park. Usual takeout is launch ramp at the Thermolito After bay . If you don't have two cars most people call a taxi. Since you are driving up from Morgan Hill it is advisable that you hire a guide before you drift it on your own. The Feather like most rivers in CA is a bit tricky and has spots that most people don't think there are fish...

Lance Gray
04-02-2015, 08:56 PM
I've been wanting to take my drift boat to the Feather and would like to know the areas that people put in and take out. Also are there any areas of danger that one needs to pay particularly close attention to???

Also, is there a reliable shuttle service?

There really is no shuttle service. Taxi's or friends. If I am on the river - I have help shuttle people. River Reflections may be able to help also.

As far as the drifts. There are a couple of take outs and put ins. Some are rustic some are easy. Most drift from Riverbend Park Montgomery Street to the Outlet ramp. You can also put in by the hatchery if you like. But you have to drag your boat over gravel. Not fun. CWDR has a launch there with a locked gate. There are also a take out / put in right before shot house riffle and one at River Reflections past Mathews. The next one is the outlet and then palm avenue. (4X4) Some a great some I said you need 4X4.

There is some tricky spots in the river. the old dam, going down into steep riffle and the split below the outlet. You can also walk your boat down spots.

Anyway if you need more help - email or call me.

Thanks

BumpBailey
04-03-2015, 08:27 AM
Thank you Cyama and Lance. I appreciate it! Can either of you advise a range for safe flow levels???