PDA

View Full Version : World Record Spotted Bass - Bullards Bar

Tony Buzolich
03-01-2015, 01:36 PM
In this mornings paper there was an article about the take of a world record spotted bass from Bullards Bar weighing officially on a certified scale at 10.98 lbs.

Last year Bill Siler and I hit Bullards and had several great days taking a mix of spots, smallies, and largemouth all in the same water.

Guess it's time to start thinking about getting back up there. Tony

Ryan
03-01-2015, 08:43 PM
I think a record was taken out of there in January that was about 10.5 or so. Then the record was broken again just this last week or so which is what you had brought up. Thats a truly amazing fishery. I've been putting in a good amount of time out there this last year, and especially this winter and have been having a blast. Lots of little fish to weed through but there are some monsters in there. Reminds me of steelheading in the aspect of having to put in allot of time.

Jake O
03-02-2015, 10:44 AM
i knew a record would come out of here, was only a matter of time. In the winter time its not uncommon to catch 7lb plus spots dragging sinkos. A buddy of mine who fishes up there a handful of times each winter catches a handful of fish between 8 and 9lbs but never any above 9 (granted, he is a heck of a fisherman). The name of the game is VERRY SLOW fishing, slower than what you would likely consider to be slow.

I think it would be relatively easy to break any spotted bass fly fishing record by fishing up there late January dragging streamers supper slow on full sinking lines off the points in the main body in about 15-20 feet of water. Keep telling my-self to give it a go but just haven't....