PDA

View Full Version : Lost net

kylgrn
02-20-2015, 11:03 PM
It was a couple weekends ago, but lost my new-ish net down in the canyon between hirschdale and verdi, not really sure how to be more specific but it would have been on one of the more traveled pathways...incase anyone picked it up.

Thanks!

cdevine
02-21-2015, 02:07 PM
I know the river pretty well and that is a huge section you are talking about. BTW, I've lost $400 worth of nets the last 3 years on the truckee. I'm doing something wrong myself. I've made Brodin and Fish Pond a lot of money. I don't expect somebody to turn them in. Sort of fish karma. Hopefully it lands somebody some nice fish.

troutless
02-21-2015, 05:56 PM
Well I've lost flies, leaders, and the odd sinktip but never a net before. You guys must be catching bigger fish than me?:confused: I salute you.

cdevine
02-21-2015, 07:51 PM
Well I've lost flies, leaders, and the odd sinktip but never a net before. You guys must be catching bigger fish than me?:confused: I salute you.

Ha ha…. I wish that were the case. I like to hike and bushwhack in areas so mine typically get snagged and "snapped" off before I even get my feed wet. That is my theory. I go to reach for it when I have that monster (LOL) and I'm like oh no! A fly box filled would be devastating. A net can be replaced easier.

Mr F
02-21-2015, 08:16 PM
Sorry to hear about your lost net.

I seem to lose a net each season. Too much bushwacking I guess?

For the last few years I've been buying the cheepo Frabill trout nets. At $25 a pop I don't feel too bad when one goes missing, and I must say they work just as well as a $100+ wooden net.

If any product reps are reading this: my dream fishing pack has a bombproof net holster. Someone please invent one.

kylgrn
02-26-2015, 08:52 PM
Thanks anyways guys, I have a feeling it detached itself in an area that will likely be full of water in a couple months....hopefully I guess.

kylgrn
02-26-2015, 08:53 PM
Cdevine, I don't know how to explain the area, don't know the landmarks. It's a pullout just before a bridge, theres an old service road with a concrete barrier at the end of it. You have to cross 2-3 times to keep making your way up stream, sounds like most the river doesnt it?

cdevine
02-27-2015, 12:55 PM
Cdevine, I don't know how to explain the area, don't know the landmarks. It's a pullout just before a bridge, theres an old service road with a concrete barrier at the end of it. You have to cross 2-3 times to keep making your way up stream, sounds like most the river doesnt it?

I know exactly where that is. Good water BTW. Funny because I lost a net in there as well probably the exact same way. I tried to retrace my tracks but that is like finding a needle in haystack.

cmcdhuibh
02-28-2015, 02:25 PM
sounds like ya-all need to invest in a rubberized shock cord attached to the magnet thing, just long enough to go from your neck to the water.