PDA

View Full Version : LGC's 2015 Fly Club Symposium

Lance Gray
02-19-2015, 08:26 PM
We just had our first LGC Fly Club Symposium yesterday. It was a hit!!! We invited every fly club in California and Western Nevada to come join in the free fly fishing event. The whole purpose of the event was to introduce fly club members to LGC and what LGC is all about. It was bigger and better than Kirsten and I could hope. We had 25 people from 11 different fly clubs join us for the morning. We rolled out the red carpet for them. Everyone got a goody bag full of great stuff - from Rio, Sage, Sierra Fishermen, Umpqua, Scientific Angler, Sierra Stream & Mountain and Galvan Reels. Tim Fox, Ray Narbaitz and my dear friend John Hamiter where the instructors and chefs for the day. We just didn't sit there and talked about LGC, we dived right into it. We held one of our new Educational Workshops with the group. We did the Dead Drift Nymphing Workshop. We divided the group. Tim broke down the riffle for the fly club members. Going over seams, drop offs, bowls; basically the anatomy of the riffle and where to find the fish. I took the other group and we tied up one of mine dead drift rigs.. Then we went down to the water and actually demonstrated how we actually fish it. Then we had members come out and do it. It was a great learning experience for everyone. The folks really had a great time learning how we fish the dead drift rig. Kirsten and Taylor made homemade chili and chicken noddle soup for the event and by the time the hot lunch was done - guys where scraping the pots - in Ed's case pouring what was left of the chili into his bowl. We then held our raffle with the grand prize being a drift boat trip for two. Larry Lack won that. We had great raffle items again donated by the manufactures I listed below. It was a great day and the first of many LGC's Fly Club Symposiums to come. I want to thank everyone that attended and to thank all the manufactures that donated items to make this a great event. Enjoy the pictures on our Facebook page. The link is below.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lance-Gray-and-Company/167553864096?ref=bookmarks