PDA

View Full Version : Rain!!

cdevine
02-06-2015, 05:19 PM
Northern California is finally getting slammed with some storms. Although warm tropical moisture is fueling these at this point i don't care. Hopefully it will push some chrome up in our valley rivers and dump some much need water into the Greater Lake Tahoe Basin. Looks like snow levels will be around 7500-8000 feet. But most likely nothing big under 8000.

Frank R. Pisciotta
02-06-2015, 10:51 PM
Well I'm sure glad that the snow down to 7500'-8000' forecast was inaccurate. My home in Truckee at 6500' has received 3" of wet, heavy snow. It started about 4 PM. At 9:45PM it is raining/sleeting/snowing. I do know that Donner Pass was closed sometime today. Received reports of spin-outs and sloppy/slussy driving conditions.

Frank R. Pisciotta

PS---I'll have my annual booth (Truckee Guide NetWork) at the Pleasanton Fly Fishing Show during February, 20-22. I'll also be presenting in the Destination Theater on Saturday and Sunday. Come by my booth and introduce yourselves; I like to put names & faces together.

SeanO
02-06-2015, 11:30 PM
For sure great to get any of the wet stuff in the state!

We got about 1.5" here in Woodland today, but the coast around Honeydew got 10".

Good to see our average getting bumped up a bit for the year!

cdevine
02-07-2015, 08:04 AM
Yeah it sounds like it was a little colder than forecast. Thank god! Heard a good 12' above 8k feet. I know kirkwood reporting 10 inches.
Truckee river blown out? Looks like flows flux up to 600 CFS

cdevine
02-07-2015, 10:03 AM
Yeah it sounds like it was a little colder than forecast. Thank god! Heard a good 12' above 8k feet. I know kirkwood reporting 10 inches.
Truckee river blown out? Looks like flows flux up to 600 CFS

Actually better than I thought. MT Rose on the eastern side reporting 19-24 inches of new snow! Thank god!
Mt Shasta basin 5-7 inches of rain. Most coastal areas got 2-3 inches with more in the foothills. Folsom/EDH/Placerville/Auburn got a real storm blast. Folsom lake is looking so much better than last year at this time. I just went running by it. Keep praying… More rain/snow over next 48 hours. We just may make it another summer.

Frank R. Pisciotta
02-07-2015, 10:44 PM
Currently at 10:05 PM Saturday we're at an in-between mode. Expecting more in Truckee Sunday afternoon. View my most recent post at www.flyfishingcalifornia.blogspot.com. Fortunately the trout will not be bothered for a few days; a well-deserved break.

Frank R. Pisciotta

cdevine
02-08-2015, 09:39 AM
Frank, thanks for sharing link. Good stuff. Colder system expected later today into Monday. I'm hoping we can get another 12 inches or so above 7500. That would give some of the more optimal locations 3 feet of snow out of this.
I'm going to try and make the show in Pleasanton so I will come by and introduce myself.

Frank R. Pisciotta
02-08-2015, 10:49 AM
...I'm going to try and make the show in Pleasanton so I will come by and introduce myself.

cdevine----Do come-by and introduce yourself at Pleasanton. You'll see the difference between Sac ISE and Pleasanton. There is no comparison relative to fly fishing...sort of small pond vs big pond . My talks are always packed. In the interim check-out my 18th century website at www.cyberfly.com. Click-on my 15 year old image for my bio; there you'll get a perspective on who I am and what I do.

Frank R. Pisciotta...alternately known as da Dean of Guides in Tahoe and/or da Rodney Dangerfield of Truckee ;-)

cdevine
02-08-2015, 12:28 PM
cdevine----Do come-by and introduce yourself at Pleasanton. You'll see the difference between Sac ISE and Pleasanton. There is no comparison relative to fly fishing...sort of small pond vs big pond . My talks are always packed. In the interim check-out my 18th century website at www.cyberfly.com. Click-on my 15 year old image for my bio; there you'll get a perspective on who I am and what I do.

Frank R. Pisciotta...alternately known as da Dean of Guides in Tahoe and/or da Rodney Dangerfield of Truckee ;-)

Frank, I work in the bay area a lot so it will be easy for me to swing by. I'm excited for the show. The ISE was pretty cool because I finally got to meet a lot of the Tahoe Trout Bums. Awesome guys. Oh, and I picked up a butterstick and a nice hardy reel. (don't tell the wife)

Also you may not remember this but last summer (i think it was you) I ran into you in the Hirshdale area with a women client. She was a tad on the older side and most likely a first timer. We both arrived at the same time to high stick some pocket water and I let you have it. I walked down into the Canyon and found some great water. I'm not patting myself on the back but I'm generally pretty easy going. Plus it didn't look like she was as mobile as me. Moral to the story… There is a ton of water to fish and don't' be an A hole.

Look forward to it.