PDA

View Full Version : Spey Casting Clinics at the Pasadena Casting Club

adrianflyfish
02-03-2015, 12:18 PM
Hello Fellow Spey Anglers,

I want to spread the word on a series of clinics hosted by the Pasadena Casting Club here in Southern California. The clinics will be hosted at the Pasadena Casting Pond at the Arroyo in Pasadena CA. I attached a calendar with basic information and dates.

REGISTER ON LINE AT PASADENACASTINGCLUB.ORG ON THE February or March “EVENT CALENDAR” PAGE
IFFF Certified Two- Handed Instructor John Van Derhoof will be conducting a Beginning and an Intermediate Spey Casting Clinic limited to 5 students each. As a special guest IFFF Certified Two- Hand Instructor Ray Bianco will be assisting in the instruction as well. The cost is $50 and is limited to 5 casters.

The beginner class is an introduction to the basic casts needed to begin fishing with a two - handed rod. Emphasis will be placed on the Roll Cast, Double Spey and the Snap- C.

The intermediate class will develop a casters casting skill, refine his or her abilities and introduce the proper methods to perform casts that may be new to them.

We will soon have dates for the advanced Spey Casting Clinic and Two Hand Fishing Techniques Clinics.

For more detailed information about the Pasadena Casting Club or the clinics visit www.pasadenacastingclub.org or call 626 799 2515.

As for a fishing report, I fished the American on Friday and Saturday last week, I got into 1/2#ers above the Goethe Park area, I was using a 6 wt 12'8" spey rod, rio i-flight, 10 ' of T8 with an olive sculpin pattern. I fished the next day at Sailor Bar for nothing, it was super crowded, guys were hooking up fishing orange beads with indicators, looks like the fish caught were pretty dark hatchery fish.

Tight Lines,
Adrian

adrianflyfish
02-27-2015, 02:12 PM
Hello Fellow Spey Anglers,

I want to spread the word on a series of clinics hosted by the Pasadena Casting Club here in Southern California. The clinics will be hosted at the Pasadena Casting Pond at the Arroyo in Pasadena CA. I attached a calendar with basic information and dates.

REGISTER ON LINE AT PASADENACASTINGCLUB.ORG ON THE February or March “EVENT CALENDAR” PAGE
IFFF Certified Two- Handed Instructor John Van Derhoof will be conducting a Beginning and an Intermediate Spey Casting Clinic limited to 5 students each. As a special guest IFFF Certified Two- Hand Instructor Ray Bianco will be assisting in the instruction as well. The cost is $50 and is limited to 5 casters.

The beginner class is an introduction to the basic casts needed to begin fishing with a two - handed rod. Emphasis will be placed on the Roll Cast, Double Spey and the Snap- C.

The intermediate class will develop a casters casting skill, refine his or her abilities and introduce the proper methods to perform casts that may be new to them.

We will soon have dates for the advanced Spey Casting Clinic and Two Hand Fishing Techniques Clinics.

For more detailed information about the Pasadena Casting Club or the clinics visit www.pasadenacastingclub.org or call 626 799 2515.

As for a fishing report, I fished the American on Friday and Saturday last week, I got into 1/2#ers above the Goethe Park area, I was using a 6 wt 12'8" spey rod, rio i-flight, 10 ' of T8 with an olive sculpin pattern. I fished the next day at Sailor Bar for nothing, it was super crowded, guys were hooking up fishing orange beads with indicators, looks like the fish caught were pretty dark hatchery fish.

Tight Lines,
Adrian