PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Lake Fishing Report for 1/27/15

Doug O
01-27-2015, 02:17 PM
As most of you know, I have been giving a Pyramid Lake weekly fishing report since the opener on Oct. 1, 2014.
These reports are from actually fishing the lake and are first hand information.
Here is this weeks report:

Pyramid Lake Fishing Report for 1/27/15

Over the last few days the fishing at Pyramid Lake has picked up considerably. A storm came in and things got real good real quick. It is still a late afternoon - evening grab though. From 3pm until dark has been best. Good numbers of fish were caught Sunday and Monday evenings with a good number of 10 to 12 pounders released. The majority of fish were caught on the #8 popcorn beetle. Bruce Smith from So. Cal. released an 18 POUNDA caught on a popcorn beetle, he got 14 total for the afternoon. Last night Lorin Foster of Reno released four fish over 10 pounds with the biggest was at 14 1/2 lbs. they were also caught on a #8 popcorn beetle. Check out the BLOG page for pics. www.pyramidlakeguideservice.com

Remember Matt "Gilligan" Koles and I are having our Pyramid Clinic this Saturday January 31. These are the best most comprehensive clinics available - no gimmicks just solid knowledge. Give us a call for a spot. (775) 722-2267

Thanks,

Doug O.

Bob G
01-27-2015, 06:18 PM
Doug -

Thank you for yet another very current as well as great report!

Bob

Doug O
01-27-2015, 08:44 PM
You're welcome Bob, Thank you!

Doug O
01-28-2015, 01:14 AM
I was asked to post a few pics from the last couple of days from Pyramid Lake. Here are a few MONSTAS. The "Original Popcorn Beetle" has been producing fish like these since I developed it in 2002. It is the standard at Pyramid when retrieving a sinking line. The anglers are Bruce Smith (popcorn Beetle) and Tim Baucom (midnight Cowboy). For more info on the Popcorn Beetle go to www.pyramidlakeguideservice. We are on the lake fishing on a daily basis.

18 lbs. and 16 lbs.